As one of the largest employers in the NT, our client who supply the electricity generation and retail services across the region are seeking a Category Manager to manage a small team in providing oversight of governance, reporting, and analytics, as well as ensuring the development and delivery of category plans and targets across the Corporation's categories of spend.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Procurement Officer, the Category Manager's role is to support and develop the Portfolio and procurement strategies aligned to the business Outcomes. The overall challenge of this role is to drive efficiencies through strong negotiation, leadership and supply chain management.
Skills & Experience
The successful candidate for this role must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Demonstrated and proven experience in delivering Category Management leadership in a complex industry sector, including construction activities in remote and urban environments.
- Demonstrated high level of commercial awareness, financial analysis, and business development.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills conducive to maintaining open and effective relationships with stakeholders, industry and clients.
- High level of motivation, initiative and drive to progress work including the ability to manage diverse teams, drive efficiency and manage change.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team in a fast changing environment.
Benefits & Culture
A very good hourly rate is on offer in order to attract a high calibre candidate. This is an initial 6 month contract with the view to extending at least another 6 months. Interstate candidates are welcome to apply but please note there is no relocation package on offer.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. To have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Manu Downes on (08) 8947 0443.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies visit www.redappointments.com