- Prepare and develop accurate job cost estimates meeting all agreed time-frames, whilst ensuring all profit margins and cost objectives are met on all tenders
- Assist management with pursuing tender leads and opportunities
- Assist in tender preparations, presentations, negotiations and submission
- Assist in the selection of suitable suppliers/contractors and always obtain best pricing
- Be instrumental in building and maintaining relationships with key industry personnel
- Manage and correctly track all information and documentation
- Regularly review business processes to identify improvement opportunities and implement change as appropriate
Skills / Experience required:
- Previous experience as an electrical estimator is essential along with the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated success in design and bid capabilities
- Experience in electrical estimating for a range of medium and large projects across a range of industries (commercial, industrial and ideally rail, data centres, hospital and /or prisons)
- Electrical trade qualification, engineering degree or diploma
- Excellent planning and prioritising ability and commitment to meeting tight deadlines
- Well developed analytical, financial and problem solving skills
- A natural negotiator coupled with the ability to establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships
Company Key Benefits:
Employee Assistance Program (including employees' family)
Support with further training and personal professional development
Flat Structure - enabling open engagement with all senior management team
Join a company with an award winning safety record
Working for a well established and award winning electrical company, this electrical estimating opportunity, will see you reporting to the Estimating Manager and working closely together to provide accurate and competitive estimates to continuously win a range of tenders. This role is absolutely pivotal in ensuring that the cost of supplies and labour is sound and the projects are sustainable and profitable. It is an excellent time to join the Victoria contracting division of this well established electrical company and make your mark through your enthusiasm and innovative style and be instrumental in the continued success of the division. You will be joining a close knit, supportive and collaborative team, working in an environment that values its people.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com