As one of the largest employers in the NT, our client, who supply water and electricity generation and retail services across the region, are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced senior level Corporate Finance Manager.
Corporate Finance is within the Office of the CFO and is responsible for the provision of accurate, timely, compliant financial statements and reporting. They have a stewardship role to provide expert technical and strategic accounting advice to the entire Corporation as well as ensure compliance with all current accounting standards and tax legislation, making sure that all government and statutory financial reporting obligations are met. This area manages the annual external audit and the preparation of the Annual Financial Reports for the Corporation and its subsidiaries and other external reporting obligations. Corporate Finance is also responsible for Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). FP&A provides the business with the insight and information it needs to make major operational, financial, and strategic decisions such as future funding of capital and timing of capital investment. This is done through budgeting, forecasting, variance and trend analysis and ad hoc investigations whilst ensuring financial controls are in place to support risk-based decision making across the organisation.
Key duties will include:
- Provide effective leadership and resource management to facilitate the achievement of core business objectives together with building the capability and competency of the Financial Services' teams with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Provide expert advice to the Chief Financial Officer with regard to the financial health of the Corporation including long term financing and borrowing decisions, technical accounting options, investment analysis and taxation issues.
- Manage the consolidated group's budgeting and forecasting requirements, including the completion of Forecasts, the Annual Statement of Corporate Intent and longer-term Strategic Plans and ensure NT Treasury requirements in this regard are met.
- Ensure the Corporation's financial reporting requirements are provided in a timely and accurate manner together with ensuring the integrity, accuracy and completeness of the general ledger, sub ledgers and wider finance function reporting, together with ensuring appropriate and relevant financial governance framework is current, that the finance systems framework is appropriate to meet the Corporation's business needs together with continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility.
- Carry out duties in accordance with Power and Water's safety, environmental and quality policy, safety principles, corporate values and strategies.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years senior accounting experience.
• Proven ability to think strategically and laterally and to influence at a senior level, preferably in utilities, regulated or infrastructure industry.
• Superior people skills.
• Proven communication skills including liaison, negotiation and consultation with demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive situations.
• Tertiary qualification in Accounting, Finance, Business or similar, with either CA or CPA membership. (Highly desirable)
• Proven experience in managing teams in an environment of change and continuous improvement including the ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures.
• Experience in policy development and implementation, commercial negotiations and project management.
• Experience in Enterprise or Oracle systems implementation.
• Experience in utilities, heavy industries or related environments with an understanding of contemporary issues relating to the power and water industry in the Northern Territory. (Desirable)
A very good hourly rate is on offer in order to attract a high calibre candidate. This is an initial 6 month contract with the view to extending at least another 6 months. Interstate candidates are welcome to apply but please note there is no relocation package on offer.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. To have a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact Aimee Cooper on (08) 8947 0443
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com