Workshop Supervisor Role Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct Report to Workshop Manager
- Monitor progress relating to fabrication completion dates and budget hours
- Timesheet review and management
- Estimating of hours to complete work packages and report potential schedule conflicts
- Monitor delivery of materials into fabrication bays
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP:
- Evaluate and manage resource levels to ensure optimum productivity
- Manage production staff - task allocation, performance management
- Lead, mentor and motivate direct reports (Leading Hands) and indirect reports (production staff)
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
- Ensure products and services meet set QMS and associated documentation is completed on time
- Manage all workmanship to ensure it is within quality parameters and fully meets statutory and company requirements
- Assist with HSE supervision of the workshop including tool box meetings, and ensure safe work practices are undertaken at all times
Essential Skills and Experience required:
- Trade qualification (Boilermaker/Welder) or be tertiary qualified in an engineering discipline
- Previous experience in a similar leadership role within a structural steel fabrication environment and ability to demonstrate your planning and scheduling expertise
- Welding Supervisor AS 2214 (desirable)
- A good understanding of ISO 9001:2008 requirements
- Excellent Communicator/Negotiator with ability to quickly develop and maintain professional internal/external working relationships
- IT Literacy
This role will give you the opportunity to use your exceptional leadership skills to promote an environment that empowers, motivates and develops the talents of all employees. You will have excellent time management skills, and the ability to work under pressure in a multi-disciplinary team environment. You will be a natural problem solver who is able to set priorities, analyse problems and formulate clear and effective solutions.
IN RETURN you will be given the opportunity to work for one of Australia's largest multi disciplinary heavy engineering and construction service providers, with a solid reputation for innovation, service, quality and safety. Working in a large manufacturing facility that successfully delivers complete steel structure solutions for landmark projects all over Australia.
Every employee of RED Appointments has access to our Employee Benefits Program. This includes discounts at over 300 retailers, insurance comparison services, discount on phone services and much more!
To apply for this position please select the Apply Now button and forward your resume in MS Word format only. For a confidential chat about the opportunity, please call Gillian Morrell on 0432 189 475.
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered for this position applicants must have the right to work in Australia. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To view all of our job vacancies - visit www.redappointments.com